Thursday, January 5, 2017

Beginnings

I am sure that there are a ton of blogs out there focusing on the single parent.  And while I know many many blogs that deal with single parenting from a mother's perspective, I figured dad's needed to get in on the act too.  This isn't to say that I am going to be copying what went on with all of the other mom blogs out there.  I think they have their own niche, and I congratulate them for being innovators on the net.  I am not them.

But I am still a single parent, and there is a challenging issue in single parenthood for fathers.  We often get shortchanged in the amount of time that we get with our children.  We have to balance work and life issues because many of us have been the primary breadwinners in the family and now we are working for money that we now have little control over.  We have to balance our ideas about how to connect with our children with school and activities that the children need to be a part of, with the less time that we have.  And these are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to issues with children. 

I am going to state that I have a different perspective in many issues because I am a dad of a girl, and obviously the situations to everyone becoming a single dad vary, just as they do for becoming a single mom.  And some single dad's out there are full time dad's and take care of the kids all by themselves.  Just as for the single mom's, I solute you for doing so.  You amaze me and I can only imagine how difficult that must get to make money, have a career, and raise kids all at the same time, without going crazy.

I am sure you are going to learn more about me all along the way, but I figure that this is a good start, and I look forward to sharing things and my perspective about what it is like to be a single dad.  And if you are interested in movies, and who isn't, feel free to look me up at The Toasty Critic for my other blog and see my perspectives on movies.

Just one last thing of note.  For all the single dad's that are out there.  You are not alone.  There are other people going through the same crap.  I suppose we could say that about just about anybody.  But I know that from a dad's perspective, we frequently feel like we are not listened to.  This could be the courts, our ex's, our children, our bosses, or just about anyone else out there.  I don't want you to feel ignored any longer.

And I will always look forward to your input.  Just don't abuse the privilege.

D

2 comments:

  1. Just read a few lines from all your blog and it is just amazing. Keep up the good posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support. It's always appreciated.

      Delete